Re[2]: [pct-l] re: Pack volumes (Another two cents, and ano.

     Everyone has his own style and desires.  I believe that bringing a
     radio detracts from the wilderness experience.  But that is just me,
     and I have no right to tell anyone else what not to bring.  However,
     playing a radio over speakers rather than ear phones can encroach on
     other's enjoyment of the wilderness.  I feel that if you bring a
     radio, you must keep it to yourself-use only ear phones.  Keep in mind
     that other people may be able to hear your radio in the distance.

     Ed

but mine's only a small walkman,with an external speaker so I can listen to
it while making camp, hanging out, etc with no headphones to deal with. p
cat's bring tapes, too. from what she told me not many people will want to
trade for her tapes, but you never know.

jeremy