[pct-l] Snow in the Cascades

Does any one know how the snow is doing in the cascades? We're hiking
southbound and planning to leave June 15. Any comments on what we might =
be
in for?

Also on another topic, does anyone have any ideas about what to do about =
fearful mother. My mom is going a bit crazy as departure for the trail
gets closer. She want us to take a radio or a cellular phone for =
emergencies,
but those are the things we're trying to get away from and don't want to
bring them. Would a cell phone even work on the trail? Any way if any =
one
has any ideas on how to put her worries to rest, please share them.

carolyn

--