Re: [pct-l] Snow in the Cascades

The current snowpack in those areas supplying water to the city of Seattle
are about double normal for this time of year (58 vs a norm of 30).
Precipitation forcast for the next few days with snow level at about 4000
feet.

Cell phones are useless through most of the Cascades. On the other hand
where they work they don't weigh much. The most reliable communication is
through the amateur 2 meter band. You need a liscense although no one has
gotten in trouble in a true emergency. I suspect they are a bit heavier,
but its been a long time since I was involved in that.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net

http://www.hack.net/lists *