[pct-l] Permits

Dave Wilborn asked:are any permits required on the pct from campo before the
san jacinto
wilderness area?

I don't know if policy has changed, but when I did the trip in '82, I
secured a permit with the Cleavland National Forest, the first N.F.S.
managed area you will be entering as you climb up the Lagunas. I seem to
recall this permit carried me all the way to the sign-in as you go permit
system in either Oregon and Washington. From there I think I continued to
use my Cleavland N.F. permit. There was some policy in effect allowing
travel between, State, N.P., BLM and NFS mangaged lands, given its one
continuous trip.

-Ken Marlow