Re: [pct-l] Calories

In a message dated 97-03-17 11:42:57 EST, jjolson@u.washington.edu (Jeffrey
Olson) writes:

<< Those of you that have hiked for more than a couple months in a row have
you
 had this problem?  As mentioned in an earlier post, my experience was not
 enough food/calories, the less fun the trip was.  Just curious...  Jeffrey
Olson >>

I can't speak from personal experience, but last year when I was hiking the
JMT, we had breakfast in the cafe at Red's Meadow. Two PCT thru-hikers were
also having breakfast. One of those may have had the problem of "thinking" he
couldn't get enough to eat as he ordered "... a #4, and a #6, and a
side-order of hash browns."

Charlie