Re: [pct-l] Calories

You're right in your calculation.

1 kg = 1000 g = 2.2 lbs = 35.2 oz.

which means that 1 oz is about 28.4 g.

However, one thing I've noticed is food usually are not as precise as
science.  They usually contain fiber which is good for you but doesn't
contain any calories.  I found that even though I would be carrying 2
lbs worth of carb, for example, which in theory should give me 3,635
calories, in reality, I 'd have to carry more weight.  The ratio for fat
and carb/protein is critical since fat contains more than twice the
amount of calories per gram but does take longer to digest and also
needs carb to be digested properly.  Either way, after a few weeks on
the trail, you'll find what you crave.  If you wake up in the middle of
the night hungry, you may not be eating enough.

Ben