[pct-l] PCT Book for Middle-School Kids

Greetings all! I'm a writer lurking on this list while working on a book
(Millbrook Press, Fall 1998) for middle-school kids about the Pacific Crest
Trail. Most of the book is a mind's eye tour of the trail, from Mexico to
Canada, with lots of little asides sprinkled throughout--quotes from
thru-hikers, wildlife facts, etc.

I'd be very interested to hear what each of you would tell a kid about the
PCT--anecdotes about encounters with wildlife, a couple of sentences about a
favorite place along the trail, thoughts on what a person can get out of
walking in wilderness, or whatever else you'd like to share.

If anyone would prefer to e-mail me privately (is this query of mine too far
outside the interests of this list?), my address is andryszews@aol.com.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tricia Andryszewski