[pct-l] Living on the east coast

>After posting to this list I realized that it was a west coast list and
>I live in PA which may make it hard for me to share much with the
>group.

I can hear the surf on the Atlantic Ocean beach here on Hilton Head Island,
SC as I type.  There are others here from all over the eastern and southern
US, and several from outside the US.  The list is certainly not geocentric.

Some of us travel to the trail in vehicles, others in our fantasies.  The
only drawback for those of us living at a distance is the diminished
opportunity for weekend trail maintenance work....Alas!

In my experience the list gets seasonal activity.  Heavy as hikers plan
their trips in the winter and spring, lighter during the summer when most
of us would prefer to be away from telephone and electrical connections.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of Truth and
Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."  Albert Einstein