[pct-l] CHICKENS VS PHEASANTS

masarahm@cox.net    wrote......I've tried to restrain myself......but  I
feel obligated to pipe up which fowl is better for thru hiking.
CHICKENS ARE GOOD,......BUT PHEASANTS MAY BE  BETTER........

I'm deeply moved by your concern for the welfare and comfort for the PCT
thru hiker.
Your genuine concern and compassion has touched my inner soul.....I don't
know if I can continue......I think I'm going to cry!!!      Sorry, I did
not mean to loose my composure!!!

You have a very good point, pheasants may be better they are more of a
gourmet dish while chickens are more of a bred & butter meal for the working
man.
PCT thru hikers are the cream of the crop of hikers and deserve nothing but
the best.....only pheasants will do.
Chickens are more suitable for the good old boy red necks on the AT.
We must research immediately the pros & cons of chickens vs pheasants.
Are pheasants trainable like chickens?
That is a question for Ground Pounder Bill.
Can pheasant walk long distances like chickens?...............  Chickens are
excellent hikers.
It seems to me that I read somewhere that a chicken was awarded the Triple
Crown recently.
This is neat.....hikers will have a choice.....chicken or pheasant.....or
chicken one day, and pheasant the other day.
Hmmmm,.....while back there was a threat about backpacker addiction, how
backpackers get
bitten by this bug and get this hiking fever from which there is no
cure......ONCE BITTEN FOREVER HOOKED.       Hmmmmm,...........I wonder if we
could get pheasants & chickens addicted
to backpacking?     THAT'S  IT!!!...WE WILL GET THE CHICKENS & PHEASANTS
ADDICTED
to backpacking by exposing them to the bug from which they will never
recover.
THIS IS DYNAMITE.     We can have hundreds or thousands of chickens &
pheasants hiking
the PCT laying eggs along the way..... even turkeys & ostriches. ...There is
a lot of meat on ostriches.
One ostrich will feed a whole group of hungry backpackers.
We will not have to have them on a leash they will be there on the trail for
us to grab and gather the eggs they lay along the way.
Good - by stale crackers........hello fresh eggs and meat.....yes tomorrow's
backpacker will be a
better fed and happier camper....I'm sorry, I cant go on I'm so happy I'm
starting to cry again.

JMT REINHOLD
Your emotional and sensitive trail companion