[pct-l] April 1st - Choosing a Start Date

> For the typical hiker you will find that covering 23 miles a day is easy
> after your first week. This is a conservative number. For faster hikers
> plan accordingly!

Yes and no. One person's goal is another's nemesis. I have found many
hikers, both young and old, four weeks into their hike who have trouble
doing 20 mile days. Others, of course, were doing much more. Also, the first
month brings out the muscles that weren't trained, the shoes that cause
blisters, etc. Watch the hikers hobbling down Agua Dulce Road. As always,
YMMV.

Also, don't forget chance storm on San Jacinto or Baden Powell could make
you hole up in Idyllwild or Wrightwood for a couple days.