[pct-l] Wearing Your Sleeping System, Campy Fashions, & Trail Fest

I got a light  down sweater made at Nunatakusa.com, but designed as parka wit
h full zipper in  front, hood, and parka length.  It is very nice.  The outer
fabric I  had done in black Epic.  I also had super deep pockets put in front.
  It cost just under $480.  Not for the weak of heart this custom made  gear.
 But I love it.  Something made just for me and the way I like  it.  No
compromises.  Save your coins.

A half bag would fit up under this jacket easily.   No cold drafts.  I also
just got from WinterSilks.com a balaclava and long  johns in black.

SILK and DOWN!  What a combination for the 2006  campaign.  Light and strong
and warm.

I must admit I will look cute prancing around camp  in my black silk jammies.
 I might add some pink fluffy ducky slippers too  for contrast.  Its all
about me, the camp fashion plate.

By the way, I stopped by the Mission Inn in Riverside CA today to check it
out for the PCTA Trail Fest next week.  What a neat place.  Small  shops all
around it and lots of history.  The room where we are to give our  gear
presentation, Spanish Art Gallery, is fantastic.  High walls, very  old, and lots of
old paintings high up on the walls.  What a place to talk  about gear and have
a show.  It was neat just to be in it empty.

I stopped by the Mission Inn spa to  see about getting a Heated Stone Therapy
massage, a Roman Rosemary  Scrub, and a Gentleman's Nail Grooming treatment.
I think mountainmen  and harden veteran trail pirates like me need to keep up
our  appearances.  I guess I should do this before the gear presentation, so
I  will look fabulous.  May be I should hit the tanning salon so I  can cook
up a good complexion too.  Like I just completed a Yo-Yo of  the PCT.

Your hiking buddy,  Switchback
Camp Dandy & PCT Section Hiker  1970