[pct-l] Re: Shoes and my section hike

Would anyone on the list be willing to correspond with me a little so I can plan for my section hike (Willamette Pass to the Canadian border).  I need possible mail drops that are easily reached from the trail, plus I need an address to send my traveling clothes to at the end of the trail.  I also need information on what I need to have or do at the border.  I'm been using some Montrails for hiking but they're worn out and I need some  ideas on footwear.  And it's been dry so far, but now I will be running into precipitation, so should I wear hiking boots instead of running shoes? I also will need a shuttle from maybe Eugene to the pass and also a ride from the border to the nearest public transportation at the end of my section.  Thank you for any and all answers.  Gail/Gutsy