[pct-l] Looking for Photos

I've got an extensive collection of photos between Campo and Idyllwild
and a few of the JMT from Vidette to Woods Crossing. You're welcome to
use whatever you want from them (as is anyone else you wants them).

I've been rolling an idea around in my head about a useful web site: A
map with hot links to photos, data, water report, etc. for at least all
the points listed in the Data Book. Digitized USGS topos are available
for all of California from Casil ( http://casil.ucdavis.edu/mapsurfer/
).

Just click on the map and see photos of the trail, it's mile marker,
closest water locations (maybe linked to AsABat's site) and any other
useful info available.

Not so much a collage of hiker pics, but photos of significant trail
conditions, junctions and stuff like that.

I always scour the internet for photos of the trail portions I hike in
preparation. Last hike, I had a difficult time finding images of the
Desert Divide where people had reported "steep chutes", dangerous
conditions when ice/snow is present in locations around Apache Peak &
Antsell Rock (Thanks to Mindreader for personally supplying the exact
image I was looking for!). When I hiked this location, it was between
the Feb/March storms and I wanted to "see" what the "dangerous" portions
where like.

Anyway, if you need Section A and B pics, I have many.

Michael Saenz ,  Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE          MVE    Institutional         MVE    S t u d i o
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m