[pct-l] PCT Self-Resupply

It's that time of year...

For those hikers planning on self-resupplying along the PCT, Weathercarrot's
self-resupply notes may prove extremely useful.  They did to me as I did the
southern section of the PCT in 2003.

Weathercarrot's notes are now hosted on my web site at:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/pctresupply.html

Keep in mind some of the information (especially with regard to specific
resources) may be dated, but for the most part, his notes about where to buy
how much food and from where to send maildrops for further up the trail are
still going to be right on.

I also recently announced some other major upgrades to my web site.  Those
include:

- China and Nepal - Travel and Trekking from September to December, 1997 -
For those of you who are journal junkies, I was finally inspired to
transcribe my 168 page journal.
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/chinanepal.html

- Lightweight gear list - Due to popular demand, I've now posted a
representative gear list to join my discussion of lightweight backpacking
and my lightweight backpacking links list.
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/lwgearlist.html

- The Book Reviews section has also been expanded and now has a more
organized index.  http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/bookreviews.htm

And last, but definitely not least...

- In conjunction Linda "eArThworm" Patton, I also announced a major
expansion to the bibliography.  Renamed "Backcountry Bibliography" to
reflect those changes, it now includes a large Book and Video Stores links
list, more trails (including the PCT) in addition to the Appalachian Trail,
and an added section on Outdoor Skills.  Some books also have links to
reviews in my own book reviews section.
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/bibliography.htm

If you have any comments, please cc m_factor@hotmail.com in your replies.
I'm off-list in preparation for my own hike starting in April (CDT in NM).
I leave Boston April 1 and start hiking April 18.

Happy Surfing!

Mara
Stitches, AT99, Campo to Whitney, 2003.