[pct-l] Sheetmetal screws (was Crampons)

>>Flyin Brian used sheet metal screws in his running
>>shoes which worked like studs on tires.

That trick is a popular one in the trail running
community. These guys are nuts (in a very admirable
and different way than the equally nutty thru-hikers).

Where thru-hikers think it is normal to do a 4 mo+
hike averaging 20-25 MPD, a trail runner thinks it is
normal to do a 100 mile "run" for 30 hrs. Six of
one/half-dozen of the other. :-)

Anyway, if you want to make your own screw shoes, the
directions:
http://www.skyrunner.com/screwshoe.htm

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com