[pct-l] North Tahoe Snow

Greetings from Pooh Corner!!!

We are getting daily snow at Tahoe after a very late start of winter.  Here
are snow depths reported by the ski areas along the PCT near us.  We all
know their numbers are "optimistic" but, never the less, there is a LOT of
snow right now.  It's too early to guess how late the snow will last but I
would be surprised if it is an early spring.  For now, we are enjoying the
skiing.

Squaw Valley (Granite Chief)    24 feet

Alpine Meadows (Ward Peak)   18 feet

Sugar Bowl (Mt. Lincoln)          17 feet

For the tenth year, Bill and Molly Person will be providing free hospitality
for Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers at the Donner Summit (old hi-way 40)
area just north of Lake Tahoe. We live about four miles from the PCT and
will pick up and deliver hikers from the trail.  We expect to be open from
the first thru hikers to July 31 or when the north bound pack has passed.
We'll see what modifications to the dates are appropriate once the melt is
underway.

Pooh Corner receives food drops, provides free beds (or at least sleeping
space), meals, showers, laundry, etc.  We also make airport runs for
significant others and anything else we can to support thru hikers in their
quests. Our cabin faces on Donner Lake and provides swimming boating, etc.
or just plain loafing.

Bill hiked the AT in 96 (Pooh, SillyOldBear) and welcomes the chance to
repay a little of the hospitality I received.  Please spread the word.

Mailing Address:

your name

c/o Bill Person

11448 Deerfield Dr #2