[pct-l] FYI - Fw: Crescent Lake wants its own post office - PCT resupplyplace

Take care when posting entire articles here that are obtained from other
sources, as Associated Press and others are vigorously pursing copyright
infringements.

In brief, you may post a link to the article, and a brief summary, but
reposting the entire article in its entirety is not allowed.  Even then,
reproduction in part is limited to critique, and not to restating the
original author's message.  In this case both the original poster and the
poster here even reproduced the copyright statement which indicated that
redistribution was not permitted.

All requests for republication of AP material must be in writing, clearly
stating the purpose and manner in which the material will be used. All
republished material must carry AP credit. Unless specifically noted
otherwise, all permission is given for one-time use only. No political
candidate, political party, political action committee, polemical
organization, or any group formed for partisan purpose may use AP copy in
any publication. There may be a fee for reprint use.

Such disregard for the legal rights of other authors threatens the existence
of this and similar lists.  This is because some list owners may choose to
close down lists rather than carry the liability for the actions of its list
members.

As the owner of a copying and printing business, I am well aware of the
liability that I have if I were to copy the work of others.

I regularly see phrases like "public domain" and "fair use" but unless the
author releases a work into the public domain, it remains copyright under
most circumstances.

For more on the myths relating to copyright and 'fair use' take a look at
http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Drew