[pct-l] Moral: Old Backpackers Can Still Think Fast

The old backpacker had a large pond in the back of his cabin.  This is  where
he let PCT hikers camp.  It was fixed up nicely; picnic tables,  barbecue
pit, horseshoes, along with some apple and peach trees.  The pond  was properly
shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built.

One  evening, the old guy decided to go down to the pond and see how the
hikers were  doing.  He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring back some fruit from
 his trees.

As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing  with glee.  As
he came closer, he saw it was a bunch of young women hikers  skinny dipping in
the pond.  Being a gentleman, as he approached, he made  the women aware of
his presence.

At once, they all went to the deep end  for a little more cover.

One of the women shouted to him, "We're not  coming out until you leave."
The old man frowned, "I did not come down here  to watch you young ladies
swim naked, or to make you get out of the pond  naked."

Holding up the bucket, he said, "I'm here to feed the  alligator."

Your hiking buddy, Switchback
Trail Viking and Camp Pillager - I know.  I have to stop doing this  joke
thing.