[pct-l] Adventure 16 PCT - How To - Talks

I have had a luke warm response to my request for help in extending the
public awareness of the PCT through Adventure 16 talks.  Again, if you have  hiked
the trail or just big chunks of it and are just a bit overwhelmed by all  of
the random acts of kindness that you received along the way and are looking
for some creative way to just give a bit back, then please consider doing this
and contacting me.  You may have noticed that you see many of us veteran's
names coming up in all sorts of places; PCTA, ADZPCTKO, ALDHA-West, etc.   We
are still driven to give something back and inspire others due to the
incredible kindness and support and inspiration that we received and which  propelled
us to Canada.  Please consider joining us.

>A few of us veterans have been asked to give "How to hike the PCT"  talks at
>the various A16 stores in the first week of April.  I'm  looking for someone
>cover the Tarzana store on April 3rd, the West LA  store on April 4th and a
>backup for me in the Costa Mesa store on April  6th and the Oceanside store
on
>April 11th.
>
>I'm looking  for anyone who has already thru-hiked and is prepared to give a
>slide or  LCD projected presentation and show gear and discuss hiking, gear
and
>resupply strategies.
>
>FYI, Monty Tam has volunteered to do  these at the Solano Beach and San
Diego