[pct-l] Deems

I'm not sure what kind of answer you'll get and since I know who he is, I'll answer to the best of my ability. Deems Burton works for the USFS stationed out of Happy Camp, CA. He is a major hiker, knows these mountains (as far as I'm concerned) better than anyone, and he is an unfailing advocate and lover of the PCT and the Sierra. He speaks with a gentle but knowledgeable tongue.

He also has exentensive knowledge of local flora, fauna, trees, rivers, creeks, and history and the over all workings of Mother Nature particularly this area and the Sierra, and, of many more locations.

He LOVES his dog, has a wonderful collection of incredible photography and seems to be on a trail often enough to make most of us green with envy.

Hope that helps.

JoAnn