[pct-l] sleeping bags

I thought I could get away with a 35 or 40 degree bag in SoCal.  I froze my bottom off up there in the mountins just north of Pines-to-Palms highway before I hiked into Idyllwild.  I had everything on and was very uncomfortable and it wasn't the first time just the most uncomfortable.  It's possible that my bag lost some of it warmth but I wasn't happy but I am a cold sleep as well.  I got my 15 degree bag in Big Bear and I loved it. I got my 35-40degree bag in Sierra City on July 31st, if memory serves me correctly and only had it until Ashland which I left on August 24th.  That's when I got my 15degree back and had it till Canada.  Hope that helps.
  NITRO
  p.s. I can't remember being cold in the Sierra.

 Yahoo! Mail