[pct-l] Desert Temperatures

Hi!

I am planning a thru hike this year and, being a
northwesterner, I am not sure what kind of temperature
ranges to expect from Campo to the Sierras. I have a
homemade sleeping quilt that is great for early oregon
summers that I am hoping will work for the desert
night time temps. What are the desert nights like?

Do most people beef up thier sleeping system once they
hit the sierras?

Also, I am planning on attending ADZPCTKO party and
hoping to meet some hiking partners... but how much is
the water situation complicated by a gazillion hikers
starting at once? My long-distance section hikes thus
far have been far from any crowds.

Thanks for the help!!!