From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of eric lee
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:53 PM
To: wandering_bob@comcast.net; bellmore1975@yahoo.com;
pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] JMTmaps

First to fix Bob's link. http://www.morethanamile.com Does anybody know if
that product can be manipulated in any way(trails added/subtracted, side
trips planned and so on)? Looks like a cool overview of the PCT, though from
my reading appears to be more of a slideshow.
To answer a few of Jon's questions, the NG TOPO! programs are sold by
state(if you want 1:24K scale). Standard price is $100 a state, by no means
cheap. A company named Delorme also makes topographical map programs, one
that is a Western US version($50). They still have the 1:24K scale, but the
printing quality and detail of the maps isn't as good as the TOPO! programs.

But definately a less expensive way to get yourself familiar with the trail
and surroundings.
Eric J Lee