[pct-l] Seeking feedback on Vasque Velocity for desert terrain

I have a pair.  Haven't done big miles or hot desert miles in them
(Joshua Tree in March). They are very comfy for the shorter hikes
I've done, but they strike me as more of a motion control shoe for
flat footed overpronaters like me.  If you have a higher arch and
more rigid foot, you make not like these.  Motion control shoes
generally don't have a lot of cushioning because one of their main
functions is to keep your feet moving straight through after it's
planted without a lot of wobbling that a real cushy shoe allows.
Shoe has good ventilation with the usual amount of fine dust that
gets through to your socks and feet as a tradeoff for the vents.  I
have wide feet, but didn't need a wide size.

Wayne Kraft