[pct-l] Re: Fuel dispensers

I carry a standard 1-liter fuel bottle for my alcohol stove, and I
burn Evercleer grain alcohol. My trick is to also carry a small
plastic squeeze bottle, such as an eyedrop bottle with a cap. I use
the small one to squirt in a small amount of fuel at a time, and I
refill the small bottle from the large as needed. By squirting in
only as much as I need to keep the stove going, I can actually keep a
can stove burning indefinitely, but let it go out in just a minute or
two without wasting much fuel.
The other benefit of the technique is that I can nest the small
bottle in a ti-pot with stove, cup, meal fixings and everything else
I need for my next meal, and drag just the 'kitchen' out of my pack
for a meal just about anywhere without unpacking my whole bag.
No, the plastic bottle doesn't melt, squirting in more fuel is too
quick.
I like Evercleer because it's more or less non-toxic, and has other
uses as well! Don't know if you can get it in CA/OR/WA, but I plan to
stow a gallon in my bounce box. I can switch to HEET or denatured
anytime I run out.