[pct-l] Re: Scissors Crossing

Greetings:

One of the best parts of the journey for me. Left
Scissors at about five pm, got to one of the gates -
third? - and found a sandy spot in one of the steep
gullies. Incredible night. Cool air coming down the
gully, stars blazing. Hikers going by in the dark. (Oh
gosh, I want to be there now.) Next day into Barrell
Springs and a big hiker gathering. The San Diego
couple who were being interviewed by a newspaper had
friends there who fed us 'burgers. It was the first
time a lot of us met.

The San Felipes were magical: blooming cactus on one
side and blooming leafed bushes on the other. First
rattlesnake encounter. Lots of wind. Lots.

Oh, and that's where I met goslowgofar's mother.

Peace,
J J