Fwd: Re: [pct-l] exit stage left at Devils Post pile/reds meadow.

Sabina Saib has asked me to forward this to the pct list... -Mountain Goat-

Sabina Saib <sabina_saib@yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:57:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Sabina Saib <sabina_saib@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] exit stage left at Devils Post pile/reds meadow.
To: The Mountain Goat <themtgoat@yahoo.com>

 There is also a bus, once a day,  from Mammoth to
Yosemite Valley and back in the summer with stops at
June, the junction of 120 and 395, Touloume Meadows,
White Horse.  It is the Yarts bus.  Last year it left
Mammoth at 7am and left Yosemite Valley at 5pm.  See
www.yarts.com for more up-to-date information later
this year.  From Mammoth there is also a Crest bus up
to Reno's airport or down to Bishop.  And there is
also a bus from Bishop to Ridgecrest, but not with a
good connection with the bus from up north and it does
not run every day.  However it does allow eventual
connection to LA's Metro-Link service or the Amtrak
service in Mojave.  See
http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/transit.htm
Last year, I took the shuttle up from Red's Meadow to
Mammoth Mountain.  You can also exit at Agnew Meadows
to take the same shuttle.  They were not charging for
the ride up to Mammoth Mountain's ski area, just the
ride down.  But the previous year, they charged both
ways.  There was also a free shuttle from the ski area
to town. I think the shuttles only run during the day
time.  Some people exited at Red's Meadow and stayed
the night at the campground in town that is near one
of the bus stops.  It is impossible to get from Red's
Meadow's campground on the same morning to catch the
Yart's bus because of the shuttle schedule.