[pct-l] Class of 05 thru-hike-completion rate?

      Hm... This is interesting. I got a spead sheet off the yahoo.pct2005 forum.
After looking over it, I was able to count 75 finishers. Including all the Flip floppers, skipers and staight thru-ers.

I found 1 missing person, for a total of 76 finishers.
how did they come up with 145? Were they including the multi-year finishers of something? (Yes I know it had over 400 people on it, but that was a complete list of everyone on the trail.)

-Mountain Goat-
one of 75, 76, 145, or 300 thru-hikers on the PCT?

---------------------------------

As far as I know, Puck is no longer with the PCTA.  He was part of the PCTA at last year's Trail Fest, but by the time the Kickoff rolled around, he had disappeared.  No one's heard from him.

  Meadow Ed sent me a copy of his "2600 Mile Club" which is a list of everyone they can think of who has completed the PCT ever.  The list of completions goes back to 1952.  Who are "they" who compile this information?

  Meadow Ed
  The Teutonic Knight
  Harriet Von Alkier
  and the late Bob Norton

  The list has 145 completions for 2005.

  In contrast, here are the figures for the last 10 years:

  2005 - 145
  2004 - 45
  2003 - 126
  2002 - 135
  2001 - 131
  2000 - 131
1999 - 90
  1998 - 51
  1997 - 82
  1996 - 82

   . . . . and of course, we can't forget the Class of 1977 - 38 completions.

  yogi
  www.pcthandbook.com

 Yahoo! Mail