[pct-l] Open Map File?

You need Topo! software from National Geographic. The software has scans of
USGS maps, with updates and new roads available for download with an
additional plug-in. I think it's one of the better programs, although the
toolbar is a little nonstandard for Windows. BackpackGearTest has reviews.

IMO, Tom's trace is not real accurate in places. Matt Maxon has some more
accurate traces and GPS waypoints of the PCT for some sections, also
available on National Geographic's site.

AsABat

> Found this by accident. Do not know enough about computing to tell if this
> is something that can be opened and used for free or if it is has to be
> paid for. Anyone know how to deal with it?
>
> http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/topo/file.cfm?fileid=357
-l