[pct-l] Bear Attack Strategy (Revised)

All activities have some inherent risk, and repetition only increases the
probability that something ill will occur. How many times does a person
drive their car before their first fatal accident? Does that make them a
Darwin candidate?

I may think bungee jumpers are idiots with a grandiose death wish, but that
does not make them so. I still find it tragic on that rare occurence when
one of them does a face plant at the bottom of the fall.

Treadwell survived 12 prior seasons among the Grizzlies without serious
incident. That is not pure luck; that's knowledge, skill, and good judgement
at work. Season 13 went terribly wrong for reasons that can only be debated.
Conventional thinking may well dispute the wisdom of their actions, but it
certainly doesn't diminsh the tragedy of their loss. At least they died
doing something they apparently enjoyed and in which they believed strongly
enough to potentially - and ultimately - put their lives on the line. How
many of us can say we've truly lived life to that extent?

Darwin award? I think not.

Wandering Bob