From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
dsaufley@sprynet.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:54 PM
To: Jeff Moorehead; pct-l
Subject: Re: [pct-l] ursack and titanium

I like the idea of the flexible aluminum insert.  One of the beefs I
have with bear cannisters (aside from the weight) is their
inflexibility.  You could "downsize" the current SIBBG approved system
to accomodate the amount of food you're carrying.  However, a lighter
weight titanium version that is flexible, rather than an inflexible
bucket,  would be my preference.  If SIBBG approved the open ended
version, it's okay by me -- as long as the rangers let me through and
the bears can't eat my food.  I also plan to use their odor barrier bags
to hopefully help minimize bears being attracted in the first place.

L-Rod