[pct-l] Knickers, Drawers and that special place

Hi everyone. Been watching the list for a while (very useful thread
about cold-water food, BTW)
I've done plenty of hikes that were short enough to bring new underwear
for each day, but as I prepare for the PCT I'm in a bit of a quandary.
I don't want more than two pair and I don't want to swap them out each
mail drop. I want to wash them out in creeks.
I've been unimpressed with the ultra-breathable underwear that is
essentially the same material as the shirts I exercise in. Seems to
pill pretty quick and I can't imagine that smell just rinses out. But,
they're better than cotton. Patagonia has a line of silk underwear,
which seems to indicate that's a popular option. But I don't know. Last
time I wore silk it was a shirt in middle school, and it was pitted out
before second period. Embarrassing. I just think silk underwear would
lead to more crotch sweat.
So, any suggestions? Ladies, you're welcome to provide input too, but I
doubt I'll find it useful.
Thanks everyone.
-- Randy
Bellingham