[pct-l] More about desert clothing

Because my hands get dried out quickly, both in the
desert and at high-altitudes, I decided to wear white
cotton gloves. Most sporting goods stores carry
primarily black glove liners, etc., I went to a
gardening store and found some loose-fitting white
gloves. More recently, I found that Vermont Country
Store sells fitted, white cotton gloves. (I often put
lotion on before putting on the gloves.) Both the
gardening and the fitted gloves work well at keeping
moisture in and at preventing dry  cracked-skin or
sunburn.
Susan Alcorn, Backpack45

Shepherd Canyon Books
"We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill--Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers." More info at: www.backpack45.com
Free twice-monthly Backpacking/Hiking newsletter. Subscribe at: backpack45 "at sign" yahoo.com.