[pct-l] RE: hiker tan

Marion wrote:

When we hike we go against the prevailing hiker's clothing norms.  We
see most people hiking in shorts and short sleeve shirts.
We always hike in long pants and long sleeve shirts.

Last year I asked the list what I should wear for gaiters, as my ankles
are subject to heat rash and I couldn't wear conventional nylon
gaiters.

I also wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts all the time when hiking.
The pants save my legs from many scratches, the shirt saves my arms from
sun damage, and they both keep me much cleaner and much less bothered by
bugs.  I'm a big fan of this style of hiking wear.

I have to wear mid-height hiking boots for the sake of my ankles, and
when combined with my slightly-oversized long pants, I find that I don't
need to use gaiters at all.  So hurray for that!

Eric