[pct-l] ULA, Tarptent & Gossamer gear: companies that do much more than sell gear

I feel kinda bad about being a part of this thread...
Especially after reading Brian's response. It seemed he was a bit more
than frustrated with some of the comments made by others.

I went back and re-read some of the messages and I didn't particularly
read into them that anyone was faulting him for anything.

Yes, I was getting concerned about the shipment date of my new Circuit
pack. But not because I thought that it was taking longer than expected,
but because I had a hope that it would be on my back next weekend for a
hike I'm planning.

My bad for throwing out my concern about this on the list. I apologize
to Brian.

To his and the other gear-makers credit: I've been (and I suspect many
others) lusting after some of these pieces for a Loooooong time. Why?
Because of the performance, quality and most of all- the reputation
these guys have on and off the trail!

I'll be more than happy to wait as long as Brian needs to produce my
pack. Quality takes time. And I'll know when I head out on a trail with
the pack on my back that it only shipped out to me when Brian felt it
met HIS standard of quality. I'm sure that will exceed MY expectations.

I only wished MY clients understood that demanding deadlines only serves
to reduce the quality of my work product...

BTW- Congrats to Brian, Ron and Glen for making the lists on Backpacker
Mag's annual gear review issue! (did they make last year's? I dunno.)
Ron's Lunar got "Best Ultralight Tent"! Pic, review and all!

Michael Saenz ,  Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE          MVE    Institutional         MVE    S t u d i o
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m