[pct-l] ULA Whereabouts

I'll hazard to say that Brian has hundreds or thousands of customers who are
a lot more demanding than the typical widget-buying consumer.  A lot of
care, customization, hand-holding, and bending-over-backwards goes into his
products and services for what amounts to very low dollars/hour return.  I
know first-hand that he cares deeply about making the very best gear he can
and he does it out of love for what he does and what his customers can do
and experience with his products.  As for "someone else is just around the
corner ready to make the next best thing", I hesitate to speak for him but I
seriously doubt that he's too worried because frankly (or is is Frankle-y ?)
there just aren't very many other people on the planet with his combination
of design/manufacturing knowledge, trail experience, and willingness to
serve the customer.  There's a huge disconnect between the large gear
manufacturers, their design/manufacturing/distribution process, and the
ultimate end users and that gap can only be bridged by the few people like
Brian who are willing to devote their lives to making things better.  Hikers
and outdoor enthusiasts are very lucky to have Brian (and his gear) to kick
around.  Enjoy him while you can.

-H

on 2/18/06 10:08 AM, pct-l-request@mailman.backcountry.net at