[pct-l] Is Linen a non-starter?

I found a light-colored long-sleeved linen shirt at a used clothing store.
I thought I might use it in the southern California desert.  Does anybody
know anything about linen?  The only thing I know is that it wrinkles badly
-- not a serious concern for me on the PCT.  How does it handle moisture?
Is it extremely cold when wet, like cotton?  How well does it resist
abrasion?  In short, is a linen shirt an early NOBO PCT keeper or should I
give it an honored place in the closet at home?
Thanks.

Doodad: Amateur Radio N7RR
Pacific Crest Trail Northbound 2006
Tracking: