Fw: [pct-l] Once bitten on the trail?

It is true, Once Bitten (by thru hiking), Forever Hooked!

But, what really is the bite of the trip that we find so pleasurable?

We have discussed sex and the moving party on trail, but that doesn't apply
to the solo hiker who is equally smitten.

When it is all said and done, is it the bond we share with fellow hikers
struggling to accomplish the same adventure (as Donna referred to), or is it the
bond we develop with the mountains, the air, the streams, the wild?

Mtnned