From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of stillroaming
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 3:41 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] cold water food ?

This cold water food thread has been interesting to say the least; I mean,
who knew soaked nuts had a higher nutritional value than unsoaked ones?

Basically being a fair weather hiker, only on one occasion did I have to
deal with the issue of cooking in adverse weather. Using an Esbit stove on a
flat rock with the ground sheet moved aside under my tarp was the way I did
it. Granted, it was only a steady, moderate rain with blustery winds.
Setting up my tarp in the rain was the worst part.

So my question is, barring hurricane Katrina, if you are able to set up your
tarp or tent, why can't you carefully cook under it?

Scott