[pct-l] Winter Up Stehekin Valley and Six Moons new pack

http://www.pbase.com/mad_monte1/_recent_stuff_of_the_week<http://www.pbase.com/mad_monte1/_recent_stuff_of_the_week> If you haven't been up in Stehekin in the winter , you are missing out. Not many people , lots of goats to see off the boat as well as deer. Pace is slower and scenery is great. Got to snowshoe this weekend with a few hiker friends and it was great. ( Nice shelter at High Bridge is just right. I also got Ron's new 13 oz. pack with the " Frontloader" opening which looks to be  a winner with no way for water to enter top and easy to open up and sort through your pack. ( Of course this weekend I took my old Jansport D3 out of retirement to load up with camera gear and even dug out my old Optimus 8R to burn out the cob webs.. I don't think I could do very good on a thru-hike with that D3 these days ,but a might be able to manage 13 ozs. ( verses 6lb. 13 ozs for the D3)  Click the little link for a view of what of Stehekin in Feb.