From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of backpack45scb
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:58 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: Getting off the trail between Idyllwild and Cabazon?

Monica, we did A & B last year, coming out the 1st week of May. At
that time there was no way to get to the tram without snowshoes. Our
exit solution at I-10 wouldn't work for you, but something similar
may. We carried a cell phone just for this purpose. When we got to
I10, we called Enterprise rent a car in Palm Springs. They came out
and picked us up, then we rented a car to drive back to pickup our
car. You could just call a taxi. During the hour we were sitting there
waiting for Enterprise, several people driving by stopped and asked us
if we needed any help.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html