From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Freiman,
Paul
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 8:14 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Getting off the trail between Idyllwild and
Cabazon?

I concur with Oilcan, except I would hike to Wellman Divide, but instead
of taking the PCT tread to the west I would then head east down to the
Tram.  This way it is very easy to regain the tread on subsequent
outings.  One more thing.... DO NOT tell the workers in the tram station
that you didn't pay to go up or they will make you pay!
Once on the tram strike up a conversation with your fellow passengers
and you shouldn't have any trouble getting a ride to where you want to
go.  I know a gal who frequently hikes the 10,000 foot trail from PS to
the top and NEVER has any trouble getting a ride all the way to her car.
Capt Bivy