From: Chance Money [mailto:chancepctcdt@yahoo.com]
Sent: Mon 02/06/2006 8:53 PM
To: Freiman, Paul
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Getting off the trail between Idyllwild and Cabazon?

Can you give us specific USGS or Green Trail map references?

Chance

"Freiman, Paul" <pfreiman@ucsd.edu> wrote: I concur with Oilcan, except I would hike to Wellman Divide, but instead of taking the PCT tread to the west I would then head east down to the Tram.  This way it is very easy to regain the tread on subsequent outings.  One more thing.... DO NOT tell the workers in the tram station that you didn't pay to go up or they will make you pay!
Once on the tram strike up a conversation with your fellow passengers and you shouldn't have any trouble getting a ride to where you want to go.  I know a gal who frequently hikes the 10,000 foot trail from PS to the top and NEVER has any trouble getting a ride all the way to her car.
Capt Bivy