[pct-l] Getting off the trail @ tram

They do charge a one way ticket going down hill BUT only if you get caught.  Most people who have been out hiking don't look like the tourist who frequent the tram.  I have had to pay only once going down.

  SB

Pea Hicks <phix@optigan.com> wrote:

Mike Saenz wrote:

> If the goal is to get to PS, then head east from Saddle Junction. Really
> nice country between Saddle J and the tramway. You can hike from Saddle
> J to the tramway in about 4-6 hours, depending on how fast you walk and
> how much time you want to spend in the upper basin.

also, correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i can tell, a one-way trip
down the tram is free. they don't take/check tickets at the top- only at
the bottom.

girlscout