[pct-l] Digicam opinions? - SD

I carried an older version of SD400 on my 05 PCT thru hike.  It worked
great, the entire canon line has real quality built into them.  The newer
model that you're looking at I played with at the store and saw Mr. Gookin,
05 PCT NoBo, use for a DVD he was producing.  I don't know how to track him
down, but I'd imagine that some one on this list would know.  I believe his
trail name was Mountain Goat, a real techy he was.