[pct-l] alternates

In a message dated 2/4/2006 6:25:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
garretchristensen@yahoo.com writes:

> 1) for the few miles that the JMT and PCT diverge
> around 1000 Island Lake, does pretty much everybody
> think the JMT is prettier and that's what I should've
> done?

I did the JMT section on my PCT hike and the PCT section on my JMT hike and
thought both were good trails, neither one was all that better than the other.
Next time through though, I'll probably take the River Trail which runs
between them.

To paraphase Yogi Berra, "When you come to the folk in the trail, take it."

Sly