Subject: RE: [pct-l] Purity on the PCT ?

PTODDF@aol.com wrote:

me too,since i just completed a dead of winter yoyo ,from around snoqualmie
pass to near Yosemite on a p.c.t. alternate.

Robbie, how about some details on this hike? The experience, the route, the
logistics?
Sounds unusual and fascinating.

Well let me tell you,some people go because they want to ,others because  it`s something they have to do,put me in the latter category.
  my saga starts a few months ago, when i got a letter from a hollister ca. charity ,dedicated to child welfare, to which i am a frequent contributor. they asked me to come down for some sort of  ceremony, which i readily accepted,since they were so insistent.
  Now as you know this is not an easy trip  especially in the middle of winter,now since the p.c.t. in mostly impassable this time of year  i choose a alternate route, about 50 miles west of the crest. i knew i couldnt do it without support,so i called on my good friend, Henry ford.
  I started off on my trek last Tuesday. on the first day i made it as far as grants pass ,where i decided to switch to the California coastal trail(alternate route) because i knew of a trail angel in eureka. the next day brought me to hollister,where i took a layover day to attend the ceremony then treked over pacheco pass and rejoined the p.c.t.(alternate route) and yoyoed back to seattle,fighting my way through,snow rain and sleet,in four days!scott can eat my dust i am the king of the p.c.t.!