[pct-l] PCT purity

In a message dated 2/3/2006 9:36:45 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pmags@yahoo.com writes:

> [...]
really is hard to be a "purist" on this trail  >>>>>>>>>>

Whilst hiking through Oregon this past Summer, and trying to find the PCT
route among the  descriptions of side routes, alternate routes, and scenic
routes, it became apparent that the Authors of Oregon portion of the guidebook
don't very much like the actual PCT... they continually recommend other  routes.
 So, in a moment of boredom, I counted.  There are more words  by far
concerning non-PCT trails than the PCT itself.  I know... I  know... but sometimes
getting a life is easier said than  done.  :C)

"No Way Ray"  Echols