[pct-l] binoculars

Hi all,

I'm starting a PCT section hike this year, so looking forward to meeting
many of you at the KO in April!  I have a question about hiking with
binoculars.  I know, I know... a luxury item, to be sure.  But I'm a
birdwatcher... For me, being in the wilderness without a pair of binoculars
would be like hiking without eyes--perhaps possible, but not quite the
experience I'm looking for.  Does anyone have recommendations for
lightweight, waterproof, PCT-worthy binoculars?  I have a pair of Brunton
Eternas, which are wonderful, sturdy, waterproof, small, and weigh in at 12
oz, but don't know if there are any other options.

Your friendly neighborhood twitcher and PCT-hiker-to-be,
Monica