[pct-l] EKIHERP SDRAWKCAB

  Anyone for a BACKWARDS PREHIKE? I will be taking the train into San Diego, arriving maybe April 18th. I intend to take the bus or get a ride to Warner Springs, take advantage of the wonderful, cheap hospitality they offer to hikers, soak in the Olympic size hot springs pool for a day or two then meander south to Lake Morena County Park for the kick off.

  Two previous hikes of the PCT have taught me that the first week is very hard to handle for completely pointless reasons:
  1)      Still stressed out from living in the urban jungle
  2)      Body not hardened to trail life
  3)      A feeling that I need to make big miles right away when in fact there is more than plenty of time to get to Kennedy Meadows
  4)      Lack of personal calm is amplified by the nervousness of the other hikers
  5)      Bits of gear are not working out and usually nothing can be done until Agua Dulce
  6)      Am fearful of water conditions up ahead
  7)      More?

  Fat Chance #66. Trying to find a balance between the doofus and nerdy elements of life.
  (cross posted to 2006 and PCT-l groups)

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!